Fireman Band$ is the Rapper and CEO of a text messaging app called $LANGO.
We have the pleasure to interview Fireman Brand$.
1. Tell us about yourself and what you do?
I’m a rapper and CEO of a text messaging app called $LANGO. I wake up every day intending to start a fire, so I get on The Breakfast of Champions with my millionaire friends at 5a to get my day going.
2. How did you hear about the clubhouse?
A friend recommended me to it, saying it was the best new way to connect for business.
3. As an influencer and artist, how have you been able to utilize the clubhouse?
I’ve made a ton of great connections by being genuine and offering my advice, music, and energy to every room I enter. People gravitate towards me because I’m from New York, and I’m transparent and real, so I stand out from the fake people on the platform. I’ve literally had every positive conversation in the book with just about everyone – investors, A&R’s, billionaire entrepreneurs, other artists… I’m building!
4. Anyone who’s been in your rooms knows you like to give back to the community. Can you list some of those ways?
I like to do money giveaways to artists who need it and partner with entrepreneurs who can add to those giveaways even if something different than money. Since I’ve been on the platform the last few months, I’ve been able to give away over $30,000 I’m donations and connect at least 20 people to A&R’s to discuss deals.
5. They call you the green bean Jesus, how did you get that name?
Someone said I’m always getting sought out by other moderators to come into their rooms and bring energy and just started calling me that one day and I ran with it.
6. We’re so used to liking and commenting on pictures or videos that this is the first app to connect people through only audio. What are the pros and cons of you with a social media platform like this?
The pros are obvious. Networking, building, mostly great people. Cons are false reporting, trolling, and cyber bullying is at an all-time high. I don’t think CH has that kink worked out just yet.
7. Any tools you would advise someone new to get on the app?
Be genuine. Connect with people offline and in real life. Be careful whose stage you’re on and who you associate with.