Nowadays obesity pandemic around the world is staggering in terms of magnitude and public health consequences. There has been a surge in interest in finding alternative nutritional weight-loss methods. One of these methods includes Intermittent fasting: which gained importance for achieving weight loss and other metabolic health benefits.
Intermittent fasting works by extending the time in which food consumption is restricted to a period of 14.5 hours or less per day according to recent research. Limiting the time of eating can be an effective technique for lowering total caloric intake and burning fats. Intermittent fasting increases hormone function which aids in loss of weight. Intermittent fasting lowers insulin levels, raises growth hormone levels, and elevates the norepinephrine all of which contribute to the breakdown of fats and aids to use it as energy. Due to this reason, fasting for a brief period elevate your metabolic rate by 3.6-14 percent and allowing you to burn even more calories.
Intermittent Fasting Tips
Here the some most important intermittent fasting tips:
- Avoid Overeating
Manage your eating pattern and develop a tolerance for eating in a smaller time window per day and complete the whole schedule.
- Stay Hydrated
Keep yourself hydrated with water, herbal teas, and noncaloric drinks.
- Break your fast slowly
After spending lots of time without eating it means your stomach is empty so chew well and eat slowly to allow your digestive system to properly absorb the food.
- Make a schedule for workout
Workout during intermittent fasting is important for hormone optimization and improves blood circulation and keeps you remain healthy.
- Maintain healthy meal
When the fasting time is over, try to eat a balanced diet that includes proteins, carbohydrates, healthy fats, fruits, and vegetables. You must need to take 4 to 6 ounces of protein which can be fulfilled by the grilled chicken with soft garlic and olive oil. Take fruits with a low glycemic index because they are easily digested and metabolized and result in a stable blood glucose level that is important to avoid cravings.
Intermittent fasting benefits
- Intermittent fasting reduces decreases oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. This helps to prevent aging and the onset of a variety of diseases.
- It activates the autophagy process, which eliminates waste from cells.
- Intermittent fasting prevents the risk of cancer due to its positive effects on metabolism and it also decreases chemotherapy side effects.
- Intermittent fasting enhances the levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (Brain hormone) which helps in reducing depression and various brain problems.
- It shows beneficial improvements in several gene expressions and molecules which increases longevity and protection against disease.
- Intermittent fasting is effective against neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Huntington’s disease.
In this article, we have summarized that how does intermittent fasting works and how it shows its beneficial effects on the body by burning your fats. By following all the intermittent fasting tips listed above, you can easily prevent diseases and aging and extends your lifespan. So, hence we conclude that intermittent fasting is a key factor that could help you live a longer and healthier life.